Private Policy Statement
ATTENTION: If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use our Web Sites.
This policy notifies you of:
- Personal Information Collected Through our Web Sites
- Our Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Choices You Have Regarding Our Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Security Procedures
- How You Can Contact Us
UPDATES AND CHANGES
We may update the Policy applicable the Web Sites from time to time by posting updated versions of this Policy on the Web Sites. As we may make changes to this Policy, we suggest that you review this Policy each time you access and use one of the Web Sites. By continuing to use one or more of the Web Sites, you agree to this Policy and any updates.
This Policy applies to the Web Sites only and does not necessarily reflect practices with respect to information gathered through other sites that we or our organization members operate or the collection of information through off-line means. The Policy does not apply to practices of companies whose sites may be linked to the Web Sites or accessed through the Web Sites ("Linked Sites"). For access to the privacy policies of those Linked Sites, please refer to the policies provided on those sites.
CONSENT TO PROCESSING AND TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
The servers that make the Web Site available and that store the information that is collected are located in the United States of America ("USA"). If you are located outside the USA, please note that the information you provide will be transferred to the USA. The laws of the USA may not provide the same level of legal data protection as the country from which you access the Web Sites. By using the Web Sites and submitting Personal Information to MacLean Power, you consent to such transfers and the processing by MacLean Power and its affiliates and business partners of information as described in this Policy and you authorize this practice.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect Personal Information on or through the Web Sites when you: (i) sign up for an MPSServiceNet membership; (ii) access and use the MacLean Product Configurator design recommendation tool application called the available on the Web Sites; (iii) send us an e-mail to request information from MacLean Power; (iv) submit feedback, questions or comments to us; or (v) otherwise provide information to us to participate in the services and offerings on the Web Sites. On such occasions, the Personal Information collected by or on behalf of MacLean may include, without limitation: your name, title/position, company name, business type, address, email address, telephone number and facsimile number, agency name, representative contact name and your MacLean Power account number. You may be asked to create a password or provided with a password to permit log in to MPSServiceNet and/or the MacLean Product Configurator. You may also be asked to respond to additional questions to help us meet your needs.
We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information automatically when you visit the Web Sites. This information may include, but is not limited to, records information from server logs found on your browser, your IP address and the type of web browser you are using to access the Web Sites. Such automatically collected information provides information regarding the use of the Web Sites. We may aggregate, use and share certain non-personally identifiable information and statistical information for research or marketing purposes.
OUR USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
MacLean Power will not share, sell or rent Personal Information to any third party except as provided below:
- Business Uses. MacLean Power uses the Personal Information you provide to us to: (i) enable you to access MPSServiceNet and check order status, price and availability and price sheets; (ii) access and use the MacLean Product Configurator; (iii)correspond with you regarding your questions and proposals; (iv) provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested; (v) protect the integrity of our systems; and (vi) protect you, and us, against error and fraud and for archival purposes. We may also use Personal Information, including information provided through the MacLean Product Configurator, for tracking purposes, capacity planning, and sales and marketing purposes. Personal Information may be transferred as an asset in connection a corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- Service Providers and Vendors. We may share Personal Information, including information provided through the MacLean Product Configurator, with third parties, such as distributors, who may follow up with individuals submitting such Personal Information for sales and marketing purposes. We may also share certain Personal Information we collect about you with other third parties who perform services for us or with whom we contract for the purposes described in this Policy. For example, we may use third parties to host our Web Sites, operate certain of its features, print or send mailings and email communications, authorize and process payments, provide customer service, facilitate registration for a workshop or conference, or assist in fulfilling orders and requests. These third-party service providers are given the Personal Information that they need to perform their designated functions and services for us and we do not authorize them to use or disclose Personal Information for any other purpose.
GENERAL AUDIENCE WEBSITE
The Web Sites are is considered general audience sites and are not intended to be used by children. MacLean Power is concerned about the privacy of young children and does not seek to collect Personal Information from persons under the age of 13. We offer our services and our Web Sites for use by adults. No information should be submitted to or posted at the Web Sites by children without their parent's or guardian's consent.
CHOICES YOU HAVE
The provision of Personal Information on or through the Web Sites is voluntary. If you do not wish to provide Personal Information, you are free not to do so. Your provision of requested Personal Information to us on or through our Web Sites or other means is presumed by us to be voluntary and with your consent to the uses described herein. However, in some cases, only persons who provide the requested Personal Information will be able to submit requests to us and participate in the Web Sites activities and offerings.
We employ various reasonable security measures designed to help protect the Personal Information that we collect about you. We have instituted security procedures and measures to protect our servers and networks that store Personal Information. Unfortunately, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and therefore we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any such information.
MANAGING PERSONAL INFORMATION
MacLean Power reserves the right to retain any Personal Information reasonably necessary to appropriately document its business activities and for archival and record retention purposes. We will store Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Policy. You have the right to request corrections to Personal Information we have collected via the Web Sites by sending a request to MacLean Power as provided below under "Questions about our Policy" or by updating the Personal Information on your profile page on the Web Site. After receiving a request, we will use reasonable efforts to make the appropriate changes to our database. However, certain archival information may be difficult or impossible to locate or remove. We reserve the right to retain such information and make the information unavailable for use, rather than fully deleting it from our systems.
QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR POLICY?
If you have any questions regarding your privacy or the Policy, you can send a request with your concerns or any further questions to us by mail, phone or e-mail at:
MacLean Power, LLC
481 Munn Road, Suite 300
Fort Mill, South Carolina 29715
Last Updated: November 2011